Nt Authority Shuting Down The System

Status
Not open for further replies.

linux1880

In Runtime
I got a problem,

as soon as i poen my computer with the xp professional after few minutes it says, AUTHORITY SHUTING DOWN THE SYSTEM , AND THEN COUNT DOWN begins from 60...59...58..... when reaches 1 it shuts the system automatically.

it shows the file windows/system32/lsass.exe

I just can't understand why/how it happens. Can anyone help mew pls. It's so frustrating, shuting down the system automatically aftre every minute you turn on.

I also ahve been having this same problem. Althoguh for me it seems to happen only after I have logged ontp teh internet and tried to load a page. Theres a number it gives also, I'll write it down and post it the next time this happens.

dum dummmmm

the Blaster virus...irus.....irus....rus...us....s

you'll find a clean up tool for the Blaster virus on the Symantec website. just use Google and common sense...

It could be the new sasser virus, it pretty much affects your computer the way ms blaster did. Get the removal tool and get patched up as soon as you can.

Whenever I got the blaster virus awhile back I couldnt even be online long enough to get the patch and removal tool. So i installed zone alarm, you can get it at this link...http://www.zonealarm.com

You might have to install a firewall before you can get the patch and removal tool.

SkittDizzle said:
It could be the new sasser virus, it pretty much affects your computer the way ms blaster did. Get the removal tool and get patched up as soon as you can.

Whenever I got the blaster virus awhile back I couldnt even be online long enough to get the patch and removal tool. So i installed zone alarm, you can get it at this link...http://www.zonealarm.com

You might have to install a firewall before you can get the patch and removal tool.

Hows a firewall going to protect an already infected machine? They will need to install a firewall yes, to prevent further infections, as many virus's use security holes to leak into the system. However if you have an infection like that you'll either have to obtain the removal tool, if not by that machine perhaps a friends. Also installing a good anti-virus is a great idea, not all virus's corrupt the installation of an already infected machine. I know mblaster doesnt. I re-installed xp on my grandparents machine, no security patches, it had 22 virus's in 15 mins being on the net. I installed Norton and it was able to clean them up. I made sure with a free online scanner...

by the way, to prevent it from restarting while you patch it, open a Command Prompt window and wwhen it pops up, type shutdown -a . that will prevent it from shutting down if it IS indeed the Blaster virus...

I tried tthe sasser removal tool. funny enough, shut down before completing the scan,

I am thinking of going back 98 , where there had not been so much problematic as in XP

I just format my whole hard drive and clean install the XP pro,

still NT AUTHORITY is giving me problems, it popped up just 2 mins after the newly installed XP, Does formatting DONOT REMOVE VIRUS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom