64% are women!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mjmitch2

In Runtime
As a gamer who spends more then 7 hours a week gaming, I found this article very interesting:

Do you like to game online and are you from the USA? If so, there is a 64% chance that you are a woman. Yes, quite puzzling, but Nielsen Entertainment claims that 64% of 117 million active gamers in the USA are female.
Not only are most of you women, you are also social since gaming is a social experience. The average gamer spends 7 hours a week gaming. Most games (40%) are teenagers. More suprising is that 8% is 45+.

full article -> http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/061005/nyth091.html?.v=66

I could, given that most online games tend to be MMORPG and that in and of itself is a social experience. It's the interaction with other people. Females, because of early man (think neandertal, or Cro-Magnon) the females were often times a social group, gathering fruits and berries, tending to the young, etc. They developed more in the social category, mentally, than men who tended to be quite, especially when hunting. It's a scientific proven fact that women are far better than men when it comes to fine motor skills. This is because of the tasks they undertook in man's earlier times. No, I doubt that many women play doom or battlefield 2, but I can definatly see lots of women playing Everquest, WoW, and SWG. Come to think about it, I do know more women who play those games than men.

yea but those games included in the survey include online games like Yahoo and other smaller net-based games. Not just CS and WOW lol

Girls are the the ones that had enough time to fill out a survey, the true gamers wouldnt stop playing long enough to do some stupid survey....

oh I didnt realize about Online games.. yea so I guess that could be true but its kinda of dumb who cares about online games?

Yeah, My first thought to those statistics was online net-flash games. There's no way in heck that girls are spending $1500+ on gaming computers.... When was the last time a group of girls started a thread about which Video Card to buy? When was the last you heard a girls voice on VOIP in any FPS game?

i used to play yahoo graffiti a lot, and there were more girls than guys playing that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom