weird files don't delete?..

Status
Not open for further replies.

blankbandit

Baseband Member
my sis had a crap load of internet temp files. so, w/in xp in my adminstrators account i went to her account and deleted them but some didn't delete. says: "can't find the specified file". she also aquired quite a bit of worms/viruses of which i have removed. so, what are these files and how do i get rid of em? they have extensions like, ".uzl" and ".ivd"
thanks

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/moveonboot.html

MoveOnBoot allows you to copy, move or delete files on the next system boot. This comes in very handy, if you need to replace or delete files which are locked by other applications, loaded into memory or cannot be changed until next system boot. You could manually enter a line to the wininit files, but using MoveOnBoot is much simpler, since the program can be integrated into shell - it creates the "Copy/Move/Delete on boot" context menu item.

OMG, this is to awesome. Do a google search for .uzl virus with no quotes and does find a virus. Your system, it seems, has been infected with the Hepetitis A virus...

damn! never woulda suspected a virus. okay, gonna do an online scan to see what's goin on. i used, initially, avg (free addition) w/ the latest updates. guess that crap didn't work. gotta new mobo (for a diff computer) w/ some norton crap in it, guess i'll install that later. tried the "read only" and "hidden" bit but still doesn't delete. Hepatitus A, huh?.....damnit!
Thanks All!

blankbandit said:
damn! never woulda suspected a virus. okay, gonna do an online scan to see what's goin on. i used, initially, avg (free addition) w/ the latest updates. guess that crap didn't work. gotta new mobo (for a diff computer) w/ some norton crap in it, guess i'll install that later. tried the "read only" and "hidden" bit but still doesn't delete. Hepatitus A, huh?.....damnit!
Thanks All!

If you read all the reviews, and there a lot of them, the best antivirus with the most positive feedback seems to be "nod32". It has the most passed ICSA certifications than any other antivirus. As well as that it only has a 10mb memory footprint, where as norton has a 22mb one, meaning it uses less ram and system resources.

If you wana check it out:
www.nod32.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom