Help me I can't shutdown my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHIM

Beta member
Everytime, i shutdown my computer, it alway restart,
i must unplug supply power
Although, i've just installed windowXP SP2 but this problem is happening
Could you help me solve problem, please?
Thank you

I'm just guessing here... but, are u sure the pins on your motherboard are correctly set? the PWR and RSET LED?

If the wires are on correctly like it was said above. Try clearing the cmos/ pull cmos battery. This could be a bad powersupply or motherboard.

My mainboard is DFI Lanparty RDX200 CF-DR
I'm using Tagan power supply 480W
I cleared the cmos but problem is happening
When maiboard's battery is low, what happen?
My problem is cmos battery that is low, isn't it?

thank Xcel , FlashDude

a bad cmos battery wouldn't cause this. That is just the message you get after pulling the battery. Did you load setup/optimized defaults? After it is unplugged to shut off when you plug it in does it start right away? or do you have to use the power button? If it turns on right away after being plugged in. remove all the small wires for your switch's and led's for the case. And plug it in and see if it still starts if it does unplug everything from the PSU and just plug it into the wall. if the psu starts by itself then it is bad. If it starts by itself when all the button's are unplugged and its hooked to the motherboard then there's something wrong with the board (that is if the psu passed the test when it was completely unplugged) Crap now I am confused. I hope you get the drift. lol

I tried but everything is very bad
I can't shut down my computer, It alway restart

Just a shot in the dark here, but you are going start >shut down right? Instead of hitting the power button. If you are hitting the power button and it does this that can be changed by right clicking the desktop, properties, screen saver, power, advanced, then selecting shut down from the drop down menu for power button. Otherwise you probably have a board wiring issue like mentioned above.

Hic, I removed all my device out of case
After, I shut down but it still restart
I don't know how can i do?
please, help me

You think it might have something to do with the registry and how the system boots. Just throwing ideas around lol

Do you have build-in NIC (LAN card)? You might want to check the BIOS for "Wake on LAN" setting, that could be one of your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom