confusion about avatar

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaara

Fully Optimized
Note: the maximum size of your custom image is 80 by 80 pixels or 30000 bytes (whichever is smaller).

Yep, my image is larger than 80x80 but smaller than 30000bytes and it won't let me upload it because it is larger than 80x80. The way I'm reading the above suggests that it only has to be 80x80 or smaller OR under 30000bytes, not both. So if you could either clear that up or change it so I can upload my avatar that would be nice...would be nice slightly expanding the sizes since it doesn't leave much room for animated gifs

thanks

Sorta noticed that your avatar is kinda bare.

Why not upload it to Photobucket/ImageShack, and host it with that instead of TF? Save a little more space for TF

gaara said:
Note: the maximum size of your custom image is 80 by 80 pixels or 30000 bytes (whichever is smaller).

There's your answer. The maximum is 80x80 or 30Kbytes, whichever happens first. So yes, you have to meet both conditions simultaneously.

Well I really think they should expand the size limitations anyways since it doesn't really leave any room for anything, especially animated gifs. I spent all day figuring out how to make animated images and edit and crop it nicely and then find out it's too big. Weak

Why not upload it to Photobucket/ImageShack, and host it with that instead of TF? Save a little more space for TF
It's an avatar, it HAS to be uploaded to the TF server and it has to meet the size requirements anyways

0116uw2.gif

Well, 80x80 is somewhat standard for forum avatars. The animated gif you posted is 150x150 - I don't think many forums allow avatars that big. It's a matter of space anyway. Both storage and onscren space.

Well the side margin is definetely wide enough to accomodate a 150x150 image...

Plus 30kb or even something as big as 100kb is hardly a huge storage hog for any server especially if you account for current drive space standards. I would think this server is a mimimum 80GB. Either way, I know they don't have to change it and probably won't, but it would be appreciated. I just wanted the requirement initially cleared up which it has been, and now this has turned into a suggestion about expanding the size of avatars

I wonder how hard it would be to change it on this version of vB?

This thing is help together by bubble gum and bailing twine already...

Not like I know anything about vB coding, but isn't it just a matter of modifying the check when a user uploads an avatar image? The code of the forum itself shouldn't have any restriction.

TF is running on a pretty old version.

We hope to get to upgrade to the newest (or at least NEWER) version someday, but that will involve downtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom