orthos seems to keep increasing the temp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkop16

Daemon Poster
I just finished my new conroe build a day ago and am testing my oc. Check my sig for my oc.

I am running orthos right now for the 24 hr stress test.....but the temps keep increasing every so often.

The first 15 min it went up to 55*c and stayed there, but after the next 15 min it went up to 57*c. now after 45 min it is staying around 60*c....hitting 61*c everynow and then.

My question (or worry :rolleyes: ) is if i go to sleep and leave it on, will i wake up to find the temps at 75*c or something? I don't want to leave it on that high of a temp for too long.

thanks for the help

darkop

hmmmm...it shot back down to 58*c and i thought it was going to stay there but it went back up except it skiped 60*c and now is idleing at 62*c

sry for the doulbe post....but would it be alright to call it at 1hr and 30min, and say it is 24/7 stable? i already ran memtest86+....2 full passes followed by additional 5 passes for test #5...and dual superpi (two SP's at once) at 32m and it did great

thanx for the help

well the temps seem to fluxguate between 55*c and 63*c. I guess i will be ok if i leave it on over night....maybe i will dl a prog that can shutdown my computer at a certain temp....unless asus prob will do it but i don't remember seeing the feature.

but thanx anyways....i gotta go to bed now for work tomorrow:(

is this with your cpu at the 3300 over clock you have stated in your sig? Well, the best thing i can suggest is that you run Prime 95 for about 8 hrs.(others suggest different lengths of time). BUt if there are no errprs in that 8 hrs i think you should be set to go.

yes my sig is current which means im at 366 x9 on my e6600 and 1:1 divider on my ram....and i know my ram is easily capable of 400 mhz and even 500mz but i think it runs faster on a 1:1 divder instead of a 4:5....anyways

im running orthos (sp2004) which is the same thing as prime95 but easier to use (i think)

i think i will leave it on overnight to get to the 8 hr and call it then....*fingers crossed*

thanx for the reply luke87

no problem, that is one heck of a system you got there. i bet you could prolly get it to 3.6-3.7 with a nice divider.

thanx i spent half the money i made this year on it:p

I want to oc more but i tried 378 x9 (3.4 ghz) and windows was stable but orhtos failed in 2 min. I read up on xs's p5b-d; problems and fixes thread, and they were saying that the p5b-d had problems at the high 300's FSB. So i went for 401 x9 (3.6 ghz) at 1.4vcore (i don't want to go any higher right now since my 366 x9 @ 1.35vcore is hitting 60*c on orthos) and windows tried to boot but failed. :(

so im stuck with 3.3ghz, and my ram is a waste cause it can do 400mhz at 4-4-4-12 easy (but still want to keep my 1:1 divider).... at least until my as5 finishes its curing stage, then maybe i can oc it some more(*fingers crossed*:D)

orthos is still going though.... 19hr 7min 38sec....and sitting pretty at 55*c (sometimes hitting 60*c for a few secs)

thanx again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom