reformatting

Status
Not open for further replies.

sum1nowhere

Baseband Member
I have a Dell 8300 and have reformatted it several times and after each reformatt the hard drive still shows the same ammount of disk space used. So i think to myself "oh that space is overwritable now so it should be ok" but now it is like completely full and it is not over writing any of the space from previous reformats. What the **** am i doing wrong? in case you are wondering this is what i did http://www.windowsreinstall.com/winxphome/installxpcdoldhdd/emulation.htm

As long as you are using a hard drive set to the main Master setting, and reformatted to NTFS, it should wipe out the hard drive, and install Windows XP with about 3GB used on the hard drive.

If you want to be more thorough, you can do a slower format, to ensure that everything is erased on the hard drive.

Get MaxBlast (Maxtor) or DataLifeGuard Tools (WesternDigital) and write your entire drive with 0's for the MOST thorough formatting.

can you be a little more detailed with the process? im a noobie. so after i set it all to 0... i restart? or do i just put in the OS cd and install like usual?

ok i have a question... if im using a program to do this....how does a program erase itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom