Click here to see Geforce 8800GTX and 8800GT specs !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
will h4x 4 food said:
on wikepedia it says that the launch price for the 8800gtx is gonna be $649! thats waaay too much for me..i think ill wait a couple more months after its released to see if the prices go down.

It also says that 8800GTS will cost $449-499.

25-50? I hope more than that :( Im still sitting here with my poor 6200 hoping to atleast upgrade to a 6800 when the price drop comes

I just did some major reading, and I learned some stuff, maybe obvious to you guys. The DX10 video cards will only be available to Microsoft Vista for one. I personally cannot afford this so I don't plan on buying it. Also, it seems like the eVGA 7900 GTO video cards are really low on stock. A few sites have them going in and out of stock very quickly. The 7900 GTO will probably go out of stock before it decreases in price, so it would a good idea to buy the card now.

QUESTION! probably answered a zillion times but...ehhh...

Will THIS card run on my current board? Or will it need a DX-10 chipset or something?

awesome news. It's an SLI board so yeeeep. I'll sell my 7900GT for like 50 bucks in like a year lol...then buy a G80...then another G80...

But that would be like selling an FX5900 for 50 bucks in like a year, then buying two 6800s ... even though the 7800s are out.

Or like buying two Dodge Neons instead of a Mercedes. :(

After a year? Thats a long time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom