Custom PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Core 2 Duo = +3.2ghz or so AMD 64 in gaming. Not too sure for Intel P4 5.5ghz? Have a look through this: http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2795&p=16

Going on from what Fade2Black put, consider a DS4 as these are proven to have more upper room on overclocking, not that it matters overly in these conditions. ;)

Also the Nvidia 8 series will come out in November (early December latest.) Just something to think about.

how much more money will that pc but with nvidia 8 be and will it run all the new games

I don't know what the price of the GeForce 8 series will be, but I am guessing over $300, which will cause the price of the computer to be around $1400+. As for the new games, it really depends on which games.

ProSlayer said:
I don't know what the price of the GeForce 8 series will be, but I am guessing over $300, which will cause the price of the computer to be around $1400+. As for the new games, it really depends on which games.

"The launch price of the 8800GTX will be $649 while the 8800GTS will initially cost $449-499." They will launch the lower versions like 8600 or 8300 later on, which of course will be cheaper.

I would suggest:

Thermaltake Armor: $130 [$20 MIR]
Intel E6300: $180
OCZ GameXStream 600 Watt PSU: $100 [$15 MIR]
Super Talent 2GB DDR2-800 (4-4-3-8) : $305
ATI X1950XTX: $450
Gigabyte DS3: $150
Western Digital 250GB Hard Drive: $80
Thermalright Ultra 120 + 120mm Scythe Fan: $65
NEC DVD Burner: $40

Total: $1500 flat. The memory does DDR2-1000 at those latencies. The cpu OCs to 3.0Ghz+ and that video card kicks ***. You're welcome.

I will compare this to the PC I plan to buy, so let me know what you think of review.

Case- Cooler Master case because it was cheap and had really good reviews everywhere I looked. I don't think you need an unbelievable good case for decent quality.

CPU - I prefer the E6600 because of the extra Cache, but tests have shown it doesn't make an enermous difference, so it is just my personal opinion.

PSU - That is a really nice quality PSU, but I don't think you need that much power on the computer he is planning to run.

RAM - I wish I had that much extra money :(

Video Card - Just personal opinion between Nvidia and ATI

ProSlayer said:
I will compare this to the PC I plan to buy, so let me know what you think of review.

Case- Cooler Master case because it was cheap and had really good reviews everywhere I looked. I don't think you need an unbelievable good case for decent quality.

CPU - I prefer the E6600 because of the extra Cache, but tests have shown it doesn't make an enermous difference, so it is just my personal opinion.

PSU - That is a really nice quality PSU, but I don't think you need that much power on the computer he is planning to run.

RAM - I wish I had that much extra money :(

Video Card - Just personal opinion between Nvidia and ATI

On a general note, I made the best possible build for his budget, which he is WILLING to spend.

Case: The armor has an incredible amount of room, so it is ready for any upgrades he can possibly want in the future. You don't want to replace the case for every build you do or if you find you don't have enough to put in those two extra hard drives you had been thinking about. Upgradeability was my main reason for choosing this case.

CPU: The cache doesn't make much of a difference, and the E6300 EASILY OCs beyond the X6800 [with a good air cooling solution] on that motherboard.

PSU: The price tag for the PSU is extremely reasonable for such a powerful PSU. Again, it makes it easier for him to upgrade in the future should he add any hard drives, PPUs, etc, etc... for only a $100.

Ram: No need to really justify that decision, although it would have been at least $50 cheaper before Conroe. High demand for good DDR2 ram has skyrocketed since Intel introduced their Core 2 Duo processors.

Video Card: Single most important part of the build for gaming. Might as well splurge. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom