Can't figure this out...tried for months!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyiomatic

Baseband Member
This is getting on my nerves...Microsoft flight simulator 2004:a century of flight will shut down when I start it up. Is this common among the users of it or is this a hardware problem? I have 512 Ram.Which it worked for 2 months fine, VERY SMOOTH AND CRYSTAL CLEAR! That another reason why I want this fixed because Its such a well designed simulator. I have a Pentium 4 with hyperthreading, 128 ATI mobility radeon x600 which all does fine. Its a windows Xp home edition. HP PAVILION zd8000 model. Microsoft shows help on this but their site is so poor in design that i used the contact technical support and those people didnt speak english and they wouldnt even respond for days and days. Im about ready to cry over this because ive tried everything that i know of and more! HELP ME PLEASE!!! :(

If it was working before then something you changed in your system is causing the problem. Do you get any error message of any sort?

There is no error message it just comes up like regular...shows the load screen (its just the cover image on the case of the game.) and then when its done loading it goes black for 1 second then just disappears without a trace and im back on my windows xp desktop screen, its like i never used it.

Uhm. Maybe something wrong with your DirectX? It's never a bad idea to reinstall the latest version. Also, have you tried simply reinstalling the game? It's four CDs, so try DirectX first.

Well, I had given up, its been months and I have been working on it, no luck, I downloaded everything I could find to fix it but nothing is working, its loading the "Splash" screen, going black, then going back to my desktop like I never ran the simulator. No error messages or anything. There is a complete troubleshooter for this on Microsofts website, but none of their stuff helps! Microsoft is starting to burn my buns, I think I might start buying products from someone else since half their crap seems to work like something from the medieval ages.

try killing some of your background apps, next time you load a game. You only have 512 of ram. and if you have XP; it's already a memory hog, then add a resourse heavy game on top of it, it may not be able to handle it.

adding memory is always a good thing, so you may want to possibly give that a shot, as well...

Tried reinstalling 6 or 7 times already, and it ran fine for a couple months really smoothly before this just started happening. I could try getting another gig of ram though, I was going to anyway.

you could always reload your system and start from scratch... if it still happens then you definately know it's soemthing in hardware, and not software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom