Symantec AV

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYY DYNASTY

Baseband Member
just thought I'd share some rather interesting information...I was with a client today, checking their internet connection on one machine. His online connection was sporatic (spelling?). Turns out that he had the Netsky virus on his PC.

He had McAfee Virus scan with the updated definitions, which didn't catch the virus. I uninstalled McAfee and installed Symantec AV...updated the definitions and ran a full system scan.

What is the MOST infected files that you've ever seen on ONE machine?? Well, this one took the cake. It detected 2632 infected files...ALL infected with some variation of the Netsky virus.

I dont know...I found that kinda interesting and funny lol

And similar experiencies have shown me to tell customers never to use Mcafee, its an evil cheap product. Either use NAV or another high rated AV, such as NOD32 or Kaspersky. But yes, if you look up how many times Mcafee's failed to be re-certified for 100% ITW, you would see it failed many more times than passed.

ITW=In the Wild (Viruses that are known and in the wild, and should be in any virus definition pack).

*edit*
You don't need to quote a post that you are replying to directly under the original post. -Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom