Plug n play eithernet

Status
Not open for further replies.

raiden_nrl

In Runtime
when i bought my computer it didnt come with eithernet network card. So i bought a plug and play one but my computer still thinks im using my onboard 56K. I surf the internet at cable speeds but in games and my computer says im using my 56k. And in some games i cant play becuase it reads only my 56k but using my eithernet card so it says no internet connection available. What do i do?

Go into your hardware profile, and right click on the 56k modem, select do not use in any profile to disable it. Or you can just remove the 56k card from the pc and uninstall the drivers, but try the first option before the last.

Sounds like you need to get an ethernet adapter driver installed. Go to add new hardware in the control panel and search for nw hardware. Please respond with your findings.

If the user didnt have a driver installed they wouldnt be surfing the web at cable speeds.... I know, I'v made that mistake in the past two weeks when I wasnt thinking....

Yeah i have installed the drivers from my diskette when i installed it. Thanks for the help i just took out the pci card and uninstalled drivers and it is working thanks!

No problem, feel free to ask more. I try and go around and answer any questions the other people dont feel like answering..

Actualy need more help..... went to install drivers for windows XP
and it says

"Fatal error there is no LAN board found on your system. Please press SPACE BAR to exit CONFIG and make sure you have a LAN board on your system before you run CONFIG again"

But yet im on the internet typing this right now -_-

Please provide some make/model number information to us. Also, please provide wat is already installed in Device Manager under Network Adapters, as well as, the software driver you are trying to install with the location where you retrieved it from.

-Mike

Well if it works, then dont fix it.... Or it may not work later.
Also dont you already have drivers installed for it? If so why are you re-installing them.

No thats the problem though when i go to play some games EX: Read Alert 2 it says:
"Could not verify internet connection please make sure you are connected."

Edimax Fast Ethernet Adapter
Model num:EN-9130TX
Website-
here-edimax.com
and downloaded driver for EX-9130TX
and tried off disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom