official nvidia g80 specs released

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what to do, on one hand I really wanna buy the new generation of nVidia graphics card, on the other hand I also want to buy Vista, a new HDD, and a duel core CPU.

One things for sure, I can't afford 'em all!!11 agrgag

apokalipse said:
annhilated? it's supposed to have 128 unified shaders at 1350MHZ

Uhh...have you been following the R600?? If it truly is a 300W monster, then yes, the G80 will be ANNIHILATED.

power consumption = performance? well I never!
yes I have been following the R600. 64 real pipelines, and a core clock of 1GHZ

besides, have you heard me say anywhere that I am leaning towards either of them? I'm not prognosticating on this matter until I see some benchies

Anyone got any ideas on the initial retail price of the new DX10 cards? And one thing I'm wondering is this.

We go out and buy ourselves all nice shiny 8800 GTX's, install 'em, and start playing us some DX9 games. The frame-rates are excellent and we congratulate ourselves on a purchase well done, then comes the first DX10 game, we load it up and start to play..... and we get a 3fps average on medium settings, occasionally spiking up to 9. "What the fark!?" we cry....

(my point is, how are we gonna see how well these games will perform in Dx10 scenarios, if DX10 is not gonna be available for at least another 3 or 4 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom