new PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

firstwave

Beta member
well I just ordered a new pc..Dual core Pentium D 3.4 ghz

did I just gimp myself with not getting a Duo core 1.8 ghz?

Well Pentium Ds are pretty cheap nowdays and core 2 duos are sorta spendy....But AMD X2s arn't much more then Pentium Ds and have quite better performance while running at lower temperatures. Netburst architecture pretty much sucks, so going Intel is not a good idea unless you do get a core 2 duo, which is an awsome processer. As for gimping yourself, it really depends on what your going to be doing with your computer and the other parts inside of your computer.

Alright this is the new specs on the new pc

Pent 4 D 3.4 ghz 800FSB
Foxconn 945g7ma Motherboard
Nvidia Fx7300 GS 128meg
DDR2 1GB

I am upgrading from a Pent 4 2.4 GHZ 533 FSB
1 gig of ram
ATI 9800pro

I mainly use my PC to go online and Play games but I don't need the best of the best....but this new computer is costing about $1,000 with tax..that why I was wondering if I was screwing myself with getting this and not getting the lower version of the duo core....

For around that much money it would have been better to get a core 2 duo at monarch or build one yourself. Just try out your new PC, if your satisfied with the performance then it doesn't really matter but if you wished you had more power after using it then you should have definitly gone with core 2 duo.

Everyone has more ram than me (512).....this is embarassing...enjoy your new computer man! Its always nice to get another addition in the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom