Vista Installation Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

techzone

Baseband Member
Hi guys, Need some help here. When I try to install Vista RC1 .. on the last step of the installation my pc restarts ... I can see the windows starting up but nothing shows up after that (Black Screen). I tried to install vista from ISO and From DVD .. same black screen problem. I overclocked my Core 2 Duo E6400 to 2.8ghz. Changed few setting in bios. I guess something is wrong with my bios settings. Please help me out. Thanks.

My PC #

Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 2.8Ghz
Asus P5B Vanilla
2Gb Con XMX2
ATI Radeon X1800xt
500w PW

Vista doesnt like Overclocking. Take it back to default settings and it should install for you.

I didn't tried the Default setting yet .. I will post the results here.. Thanks guys for your help.

Update # Installed Vista RC2 on Default Bios Settings ..
My Pc rebooted like 5 times and my CRT monitor turned on and off like 10 times. I was worried that I am gonna lose my CRT.

Problem # Under Desktop Setting "Hardware Acceleration" is turned off. I was tring to capture my desktop as avi file but didn't worked for me. I installed ATI Vista Beta drivers. Do you guys know any other way to set Hardware Acceleration to None?

Thanks.

your posts seem a little "cliff notey" :) Skips a lot of vital info, or leaves out lots that should be needed to know...

ie., you installed vista rc2 successfully? The reboots and monitor black outs depending on when they are occuring is a normal process of the end or sometimes middle of vista install.

I'm not too sure but I think the only place to fiddle with turning on/off acceleration is in directx....from start button, select run, then type dxdiag....

I'm using rc2 and ati beta vista. Works fine...though shows me why I'll get nvidia next time around :D

Vista doesnt have DX. At least not one that can be controlled easily. Vista runs DX10. You can check it out with the dxdiag command but that wont get you far cause you will notice that you are missing some vital parts of DX when you get it open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom