Taskbar Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanmol

Solid State Member
HI----I've run accross this problem in the past and corrected it with a setting in IE or in the Taskbar but can't remember what or which.
When minimizing multiple desktop windows offline each one is visable and seperate in the TaskBar. This is working properly. But, when minimizing mulitple online windows, only one is visable in the taskbar because each minimized window replaces the one that is alrady there. Hope I haven't confused ya

If you right click on the taskbar...then left click on properties...you will see an option to "group similar taskbar buttons" What this does is...if you have several Internet explorer windows open it will group them into one. I would also download Internet Explorer 7. :)

ECTech said:
I would also download Internet Explorer 7. :)

... or get Mozilla Firefox :)

firefox_ie.jpg

I already have Group Similar unchecked--unfortuantly thats not the solution. In the past one of my stock trading sites didn't work well with Firefox but that may have changed---I'll take another look at it. I thought I heard that IE7 was problematic.

IE7 can be problematic. It all depends on the choices you make and the sites you visit. However, RC1 is pretty stable.

I just installed and ran Firefox with the same results. When I minimize an internet page it replaces the page already in the task bar instead of adding itself to the task bar so that both are visable. This is getting frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom