Comp doesn't load to Windows loading..

Status
Not open for further replies.

marn

Beta member
Hi, I'm new here and I have a biggg question ^_^
Okay.. So earlier today, I was playing World of Warcraft.. I had it on, and decided, "Hey, I'm gonna play WC3: TFT with WOW still on." So, I opened up WC3 and it gets stuck at loading where my mouse cursor is the disc where it keeps spinning.. I left it and it didn't stop for about 10 minutes. Now, I'm like, "Ok, I ****ed up, I'm gonna restart my computer.. So I turned it off regularly and it closed apps and shuts down.. I push the power button and.. This is what comes next.

So, it turns on, shows my LanPArty NF4 logo and then goes to the text stuff where it says all that crap I dont understand... Know what I'm sayin? And then right after it... It goes black, WTF? I'm like, okay, maybe it's a fluke, so I push the off button and turn it back on, and it does the same thing.. No Windows loading screen or nothing... I get on my roommate's computer and get on #Windows irc and ask for help.. They're like, 'go into BIOS, change Boots to CDRom > HDD > Whatever else, so you can reformat Windows or repair.' ... So I go do that in BIOS after resetting my motherboard. Now.. I'm like woot, I can at least get into BIOS, I do that and then get my Windows CD in the drive... So when the text comes up, it's like, "Boot to CD... Press any key." So I press a key and low behold, CD pops up and says, "Checking your system configuration." and then right after.. BLACK SCREEN! WTF?!?!? So now, I'm all out of ideas...

HELP HELP HELP!!1

If it mattters.. My comp specs:
PC: Custom Built
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3200+
RAM: 2GB of Corsair XMS
Video Card: GeForce 7800GT 256MB
Hard Drive: Seagate 250GB 7200RPM
CD/DVD Drives: DVD+RW and CD-RW
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 940B
Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio

sounds to me like a dying HD

download any one of them and run it on system boot

Seagate SeaTools entreprise
Seagate SeaTools desktop

Also maybe your Cdrom is messing you up.Try unhooking the CDrom and reboot just to check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom