Good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroCool

Baseband Member
Yesterday i bought a self built computer.
(Basic) Specs:

1.8 GHZ
80 gig Hard drive
256 mb ram
XP pro

I bought it for $150.
Good deal?

ZeroCool at first it seemed like you said YOU built this computer than i realized that from the way you listed the specs you probably do not know enough to build one yourself. you got a great deal as long as thats not a 1.8Ghz celereon or duron processor........no actually it still would be a GREAT deal. you are very lucky :)

ZeroCool said:

of course it's a good deal.. as said above.. the cpu alone worth the price of the computer..

ZeroCool said:
(Basic) Specs:

1.8 GHZ
80 gig Hard drive
256 mb ram
XP pro

I bought it for $150.
Good deal?

Wow, that is an awesome deal.

Just add another stick of 512mb memory and you have 768mb of memory to power your computer for around 100-150$, which is a great amount of memory and will power anything with no problems.

The processor and harddrive are pretty good, and with a good video card inside of it, that would add around 100-200$ to the cost, so overall you would have a powerhouse computer for just around $500, so yes, you got a great deal

Just curious, but how did you actually get that deal?

A friend, a store, online........ ??

Re: Re: Good deal?

Chubz said:
Wow, that is an awesome deal.

Just add another stick of 512mb memory and you have 768mb of memory to power your computer for around 100-150$, which is a great amount of memory and will power anything with no problems.

The processor and harddrive are pretty good, and with a good video card inside of it, that would add around 100-200$ to the cost, so overall you would have a powerhouse computer for just around $500, so yes, you got a great deal

Just curious, but how did you actually get that deal?

A friend, a store, online........ ??

A friend. He sold it to me because the case was dented.
lol. no lie.:p

ZeroCool said:
(Basic) Specs:

1.8 GHZ
80 gig Hard drive
256 mb ram
XP pro

I bought it for $150.
Good deal?

66 + 50 + 40 + 199 (assuming it's legitimate :confused: )
+ 50 (for case and PSU) + 50 (mobo) + 30 (assuming theres a cd(-rw?) drive) + 10 (assuming there is a floppy)

brings you to around 500 dollars. I'd say it was worth it :-/

If the CPU is a celeron, then, it is only partially good. get rid of the cpu if it is celeron and replace it with a P4 ( check your motherboard manual to see what processors it can handle) add more ram, and if you want get a mid range vid card, or a sound card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom