Click here to see Geforce 8800GTX and 8800GT specs !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
alexsabree said:
..... omg, power hungry basterds

450watts minimum?

Im guessing pretty soon we will all have watercooling.. cause thats where the gaming industry is headed.

The PlayStation4 will have a radiator and everything, with a Quad Core Cpu

Its going to happen everytime something new comes out. It gets hotter, and more expensive then the last one... then fades away, and another comes

I guess its not all that bad... for the people that have plenty of $$$

Actually, as processing is refined, things get cooler and less power-hungry. For example, compare a P4's heat production and power consumption to that of a Core 2 Duo.

I also disagree that the gaming market is headed towards watercooling. There is a niche market that you could consider 'enthusiasts' that would purchase water cooling. However, this does not mean that if you are a very active gamer, you must get watercooling.

Amd gt player said:
the ps3 allready has a 7core cpu why would it drop to 4 when ps4 comes out

im not and expert but im pretty sure it has 7 cells not cores, what the diffrence is im not sure but i know theres a diffrence

sheky said:
Can someone please tell me why everyone is getting so excited to the point they say, "nVidia is reinventing the wheel" ?

The ram upgrade isnt exponential (1100000000). i mean the switch from pixel to unified shaders sounds nice, but the core clock is lower? As is the memory clock? There has to be something that I'm missing, someone care to help me understand?

that is just like saying, "well a p4 3.0ghz has more GHZ then a e6600.

It just doenst work that way. It is similar to the conroe, totaly different technology. And the addition of DX10 support.

Following on what gaara said, why do they use 384-bit? I thought it would be 512-bit.

I usually get excited when a new graphics card gets released, because lower quality ones usually drop in price. :)

Personally, i'll wait for ATI/AMD's next generation DX10 cards. I think they have something crazy up their sleves.

It's going to be interesting.

on wikepedia it says that the launch price for the 8800gtx is gonna be $649! thats waaay too much for me..i think ill wait a couple more months after its released to see if the prices go down.

they will. ATI's card is going to come out some time afterwards.

the high price on initial release is just so they can make money, while they have the top card out.

although we can't say whether AMD/ATI or nVidia will come out ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom