Amd sempron ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcent

Banned
Is an amd sempron 3200+ close in comparason to the amd athlon 64 3500+?

I want to sell my one computer for $8-$900 and get a laptop but i don't know if an sempron 3200+ is good.

It will be for gaming.

It's nowhere near an Athlon 3500+...Semprons have lower L2 cache and they just run hotter and slower and sucker and worser and badder and notasgood and notworthit and terribler.

Oh did I mention it sucks to have a sempron?

lol....i have a sempron 3000 in my lan rig.....work great....its decently fast...and almost as fast as my athlon 3000. they arent HORRIBLE.....just not unbelievable. but they will work fine for games. most people compare them to a celeron, i have a celeron m in my laptop, well its actually much better then a celeron.

bonehelm said:
It's nowhere near an Athlon 3500+...Semprons have lower L2 cache and they just run hotter and slower and sucker and worser and badder and notasgood and notworthit and terribler.
err.. no, not really
the Sempron is exactly the same, but with less cache. and the earlier Semprons didn't have X86-64 (mine does, as do all now I think)
they don't run hotter. and clock for clock, they are basically the same, unless your programs really need cache.

tell me, have you actually used a Sempron?

apokalipse said:
err.. no, not really
the Sempron is exactly the same, but with less cache. and the earlier Semprons didn't have X86-64 (mine does, as do all now I think)
they don't run hotter. and clock for clock, they are basically the same, unless your programs really need cache.

tell me, have you actually used a Sempron?

I own an AMD sempron 2600+. It runs 4C hotter than my Athlon 3200+. And it's A LOT slower than my Athlon.

bonehelm said:
I own an AMD sempron 2600+. It runs 4C hotter than my Athlon 3200+. And it's A LOT slower than my Athlon.

prolly because of your cooler.....are you using stock? because yea my sempron 3000 and athlon 3000 run around the same temperature. and yes my sempron is X64 bit architecture.

my Sempron never goes above 28ºC, and that's at 100% load for over 24 hours (I run folding@home on this thing)

also, you're comparing a 2600+ and a 3200+

they have a pretty big clock speed difference

i have a sempron 3100+ and it works nicely. you can barely notice anything difference from a sempron 3100+ and a althon 3500, the athlon 3500 is a bit faster. also sempron has low L2 cache. my sempron runs at 42C idle with stock fan and heatsink. i would recommend a sempron if ur on a budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom