Transfering Data

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, Here's what happens now. I put my broken computer in TDM and it goes into a blue screen with the firewire symbol dancing around the screen. Now It says when I do that my hard drive should show up on the working computer right away, but it dosn't.....any ideas as to why?

To transfer files using FireWire:
Shut down the first computer and leave the second computer on.
Connect the two computers using a 6-pin to 6-pin FireWire cable. (If both computers have higher-speed FireWire 800 ports in addition to the standard FireWire 400 ports, you can use a 9-pin to 9-pin cable with the FireWire 800 ports to transfer data at higher speeds.)
Open System Preferences, click the Startup Disk, and click Target Disk Mode. (Or, start up the first computer while holding down the T key.)
A disk icon for the first computer appears on the desktop on the second computer. Drag files to and from the disk to transfer them.

When you finish, eject the first computer's disk by dragging its icon to the Trash. (While you drag, the Trash icon changes to an Eject icon.)
Push the power button on the first computer to shut it down and disconnect the FireWire cable.

What computer do I put in TDM? And if it's the broken one. It still won't work. Does that mean the information on my hard drive is not comming back?

Then you will have to take it to a professional to have the data recovered.
The data is not lost. Damaged disk or no, data doesn't just disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom