Serious Problem: Hard disk drive not detected

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaination

Beta member
Alright, before I explain my problem, I have to give you a background story.

My friend did drugs, so I told his parents about it, and he got ****ed off so he hacked my World of Warcraft account. I learned he was the one who hacked it about 3-4 months later.

So I decided to get back at him. I downloaded a virus (I didn't run it, it was in .rar format) called 'Sp0rkeh' and I sent it to him. He ran it and it messed up his computer, and he found out it was me. So, he told me his parents would sue us if i didnt fix his pc, and it would get over complicated

So I decided to attempt to fix it. I took his Hard drive out and connected it as a secondary slave into my PC.

*Note: for those of you don't know whaqt Sp0rkeh is, it acts as a hack for a game and deletes your entire HD, and messed up your PC.

What was supposed to happen:

I was going to put his PC into a secondary slave and start up from my HD, and use a program to undelete all the files that it deleted, then hand him the disc and be happy and skippy.

What actually happened:

I put the disc into my secondary slave slot, and I turned my computer on. Then my computer made a beep and it has an error message that says:

NO Hard Disk Drive detected
Press F1 to resume

I press F1 and it leads me to tell me to select a proper boot device.

I turned my computer off, unplugged his pc and put in my HD as start.

But the same thing is happening, it won't detect it.

The strange thing is, when I go into my BIOS, it shows that it detects my main HD as a secondary, even though the jumpers are set on as Master.

I have an IDE drive, can anyone help me? My parents are broke atm and I can't afford a new HD as we are heading to lake tahoe next weekend, and we just got done spending tons of money on the hotel and such.

WOW i must say u had a war!
anyway try using a different Ide cable and see if that helps
u might of also slightly yanked the Ide cable from the mobo, try reseating the cable back properly in and make sure its not in backwards

Alright, tried the new IDE cable, and I got a new error message:

No Array is defined......................

Press: <Ctrl-F> to enter FastUtil (tm) Utility or
Press <ESC> to continue booting...

If I press ESC, it goes to the

"NO Hard Disk Drive Detected
Press F1 to resume"
error

if I press CTRL-F, it brings me to a new screen (FastUtil)

btw, thanks for the fast responses :)

I forgot to mention to put it in a freezer bag to prevent condensation, but anyways...

If the r-w arm is stuck, the heat generated will unstick it, if that is the problem. How it works in other situations exactly I am not sure of, but I am trying to find out.

If your hard drive is failing you can freese it and then slap it in and back up as many files as you can it works. I've done it more than once. But you have to freeze it a few times and you have to be quick with doing this. And as for your problem with not detecting your drive it sounds like your set SATA you may need to hit f1 to rebuild your array.

If your computer detects your HD, but your friend's pc doesn't detect your HD, then it sounds like the BIOS got screwed up. Call the mobo manufacturer, and ask them to send another BIOS chip to replace the one thats in the mobo already.

hmm, im pretty sure ive seen this story in a counter strike flash movie, also i wouldnt consider guessing some1s password really hacking, www.ultimatebootcd.com try using that ,it has pretty good hard drive tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom