Building a computer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krucial

Solid State Member
I have not built a computer yet, but I know how. I am looking to create a basic computer, with a $500-$600 budget. The only problem is I am not good with knowing what is compatible with what yet, and my biggest problem will be finding a good motherboard for the case I'm getting.

I would appreciate someone to help me with this... talking through AIM.

AIM: Rebirth of Cain
eMail: derek.jones@runbox.com

If its an ATX case any ATX compliant motherboard would work. If you wana stay in that price range I would reccommend going with a celeron/pentium III setup, though "outdated" is still very much all you need. I use a soyo celeron/P3 motherboard and highly reccommend it. The only thing that will cost extra for this kind of system is the ram, as SDRAM has gone up in price compaired to DDR. So you can either spend a lot on a motherboard and the processor, or get a good system and just spend a lot on the ram.

it all really depends out what you wanna do with your computer...with that budget...any ATX case...Asus A7N-8x, bout a $130, amd 2.4 with 333 frontside about $110, radeon 9800 pro video card, $200, 512 ddr memory, $100, then about a 300 or 400 watt power supply which puts your a little over your budget by about $50...but you would have one kick a** computer...but dude that is one awesome gaming computer...but if you dont wanna do that...then i would suggest goin a little smaller on everything...same mobo, maybe a 1.9 or 2.0 amd processor...radeon 6000 pro...256 memory...same PS...and then a 80 Western Digital HDD cost about $60, and you would be set...have fun and good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom