DVD burner probs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiZcO

In Runtime
Well i rented a Dell Computer which has a CD-RW. i bought some memorex DVD+R blank CD's well try to make a back up of a movie. copyied the movie to the comp but when it comes to burning it.. i put the Blank DVD in... and then it pops out saying it cant read it something about DVD 9 or some ****. and its not just the blank cd's ive tryed alot of different brands. and also ive used Sonic and nero and every other software u can think of.. still no luck...

u cant use DVD+R disks on a CD-RW burner it only allows CD-R disks
unless u get a DVD burner
A DVD drive can only read DVD disks not write on them

im so sorry. just woke up when i wrote this.. i didn't mean CD-RW i ment i have a DVD-RW... Sorry.

might be hardware problem, change the IDE cable and see if that helps, also whats the speed the burner handles when it writes

lol i thought it was a besktop computer the whole time, and i forgot its a rental

if i were u i'd call them and tell them ur situation because on rentals ur not allowed to get in PC's

Ekk, still needing some help... my Dvd burner will burn small dvds fine.. like Comdian dvds that are only a hour long. but when i burn DVDs it copys it then when i try to burn it.. it keeps just saying put in a DVD or DVD 9 and i do it just keeps popping out and saying "enter a DVD or DVD 9" and it wont burn i dont understand it.

i dont know if this can help but try this:

pop open the DVD drive and ull see the laser that reads/writes on disks, take a Q-tip and soak one end of it with windex or rubbing alcohol and gently wipeit , then quickly dry it off with the dry end

and

there are two or one rod(s) that move the laser up/down, the rod(s) might be dry and its gonna need some greasing with greasing compond or u can use engine oil. (And again u can use a Q-tip or ur pinky to smear the grease or oil on the rod(s))

alot of movies on dvd are locked to prevent u from burning them u have to use a dvd shrink application or u have to use a program that can decrypt them like dvd fab express.

Yeah, I have Anydvd.. it gets past any kind of protection DVD. im not having any problem copying them just when it get to the point of burning them to a disc.. just gonna bring it back.. its a DELL laptop laugh lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom