dvd drive not recognising discs

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonoNoj

Solid State Member
hi guys,

i have an LG GSA 4166B dvd lightscribe drive. it has been working fine for around 7 months, but recently i upgraded my mobo - processor - graphics. since that point i can use it for cd's burning and reading, the lightscribe function, and burning DVD's. however, for some reason the drive will not read dvd's. i tried reinstalling ide drivers, upgrading the firmware, making sure its set to DMA mode, using it on a seperate ide channel set to master (i have also tried cable select) but still cannot get it to work. hopefully someone will be able to help. LG themselves said its my problem and that they were not willing to help. anyone have any ideas on how i can get this sorted?

thanks

1. might be a dead Ribbon cable (IDE)
2. the little mechanism that moves the laser up/down might need greasing
3. laser might of gotten dusty or dirty

i have changed the cable, and cleaned the drive following manufacurers instructions, but still no luck. it will still burn dvd's fine but then wont read them, it just doesnt make sense to me lol

since the burner is 7 months old try using DVD-R disks instead of DVD+R because the DVD-R is the first generation of DVD disks

i have exact same problem with my 4 year old Compaq laptop

it doesnt even play bought dvd films or games though. its on discs that i know have worked previously, on this drive but for some reason it now just will not read them. as i say it will burn all dvd's just fine - as they all worl on my second pc

lol, im hoping that it will still be uns=der warranty - i bought it last december, so i should be ok

cheers for the help guys

What program are you using to burn??? if your trying to play the burned in a regular DVD player... it might not be thr right format for the player... it might be trying to burn in VCD/SVCD, or in -DVDr format on a + Disk.

no, its my ide burner drive in my pc that is not reading any dvd, new bought dvd's movie and data, or any burnt any dvd at all. however when i burn a dvd on this ide drive it will be recognised inmy other pc and be burnt with correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom