Quick Launch Tool Bar & Auto Hide

Status
Not open for further replies.

New_Head

Beta member
Hey,

I'm new to this forum and you seem like a good bunch of guys. I'm having a problem and was wondering if anyone could possibly help.

I'm running Windows XP Pro and the problem is when I choose to view the quick launch toolbar and auto hide the tool bar it works fine. But when I log off and then back on again the tool bar and start menu are back to normal. What I mean is it does not retain the quick launch toolbar or auto hide, I have to choose them again. Now I can log on under a different user and it will retain the changes, which is very strange.

Maybe I'm missing something very strange?

Any help would be great.

SP1 is installed. The account experiencing this problem would be a limited user account. I work for a company with 600 users and this problem is pis*ing me off.

I can log on to this machine and make the tool bar and autohide work but when this particular user logs on Windows will not remember the tool bar settings or auto hide settings and you have you choose them again.

I can log in as Administrator and it will work also.

OK try this if its not too much trouble. Make the user an admin, login to their account change the settings, log out and change their account back to a limted user. Log back into their account and see if the settings stayed. If they did you know you have a permission problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom