Help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
no AGP slot on that mobo though =(

also are those processors better than the intel processor in my first post?

yes, i belive so. Someone please correct me if im wrong. Also don't buy anything until more people confirm this.

edit: this post concerns the question about the ram. and yes, AMD 64 is a much better CPU than an intel prescott.

Yeah.....Pentium 4s arn't all that great.....Netburst architecture sucks....Pretty much most people on these forums will agree to stay away from Intel unless your getting a core 2 duo, which are pretty highly recommended.

This doesn't cost must more and is an awsome cpu in that price range...And some1 has also suggested it by the looks of it... :p
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103539

I don't have a cheap motherboard to suggest though.

I would recommend an Opteron 146, if you know how to overclock, over the 3700+. They both have a 1mb l2 cache, but the Opteron starts on lower stock speeds, but it's full potential with overclocking is higher. And it costs less.. :)

how about motherboard-wise? I have an AGP card right now and i want to be able to use it for a while but i also want to be able to upgrade to PCI express in the future. are there any good mobos with the specs in the first post that has both slots but are actually good boards?

EDIT: also, I'm seriously considering the Opteron chip, so please include that in your suggestion.

Thanks to all that help! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom