Wtf

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm, you shouldn't have the same problem with the ram out. Thats why they tell you to take the ram out if you think its DOA. Anyways good luck with whatever path you go down.

NosBoost300 said:
i think you may be right, after doing some reading.. alot of people are having my same problem because the motherboard doesnt set ram voltage correctly.... so.. i may have to pick up a crap stick of ram for the meantime... lol... i'll see if i can do that.. hopefully soon :confused:

i guess its time to overprice my sales on ebay so they don't sell.... lol

luckily you're in california where there are fry's electronics.

Just go buy a cheap stick of ddr2 ram and return it when you're done.

It's amazing how many little issues you can troubleshoot before finding the closet causing issue.

Hopefully, the RAM "IS" your problem and a different stick will do the trick for you.

Good luck and let us know how it all turns out.

well.. i'm already sending everything but the E6600, 680 Watt Psu, Cd Drive, and my raptor back for a refund... I'll consider building later on when i may need.. as of now, and for a couple of months i will be on this damned celeron powered computer

OpticalIllusion said:
Do you have the spacers installed between the motherboard and the case?

yes.... yes i did.. this isnt the first time i've built a computer.. this would make it the 3rd in fact.. so i know what i was doing..

i was reading up on msi's forums.. and it seems it may be incompatible ram.. one of the moderators there asked me to try some new ram... now i just need to find me some cheap ddr2 ram for the mean time

go with a 1gig or 512 stick for testing then return?

Patriot and Corsair seem to be compatible with everything.

I'm happy with my Patriot 2x1gig DDR2 800 on my asus P5B

UA_Iron said:
go with a 1gig or 512 stick for testing then return?

Patriot and Corsair seem to be compatible with everything.

I'm happy with my Patriot 2x1gig DDR2 800 on my asus P5B

ya, i was thinking of stopping by bestbuy and picking up some corsair ddr2 ram.. but i had to work so i didnt get the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom