Blue Screen Of Death

Status
Not open for further replies.

sir nerdalot

In Runtime
One time I booted up my PC and went away while it wasa booting up. I came back when it said "Microsoft Windows XP" and that blue progress bar. Anyway straight after that I got the BSOD. It said "If this is the first time you have seen this error, restart your computer...", so I did that and it came up again. The next day everything was OK. Then about a week after that (a few days ago from now) it came up when my computer was actually on.

What does the blue screen of death actually mean? I hope the screen I'm talking about is actually the BSOD and not something worse...

That's too radical. Your OS just hung on that occasion, but it doesn't mean your system is screwed. Windows hangs up from time to time; it wouldn't be Windows if it didn't. However, if you get the BSOD often, then there is a problem with your system, usually an unstable program or service.

post the error code that appears at the top of the BSOD. Someone might be able to tell you what it means....

Only thing is, those codes aren't always reliable, but it might point you in the right direction...

Oh the pleasure of BSOD!!

Have you installed any software or drivers prior to the BSOD?

Ratafia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom