power supply specs??

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
Hey, I have an emachines AMD 64 3400, my power supply fan has been makin a lot of noise and i want to get a new one to replace it.
I was wondering how to find out which one would be the correct one. Thanks
I do no want a really expensive one, just something simple and cheap. I have an older emachines cpu, and i was wondering if that power supply would work in my current one.

Thanks

Rule 1 for buying a power supply

1: NEVER ,I REPEAT NEVER BUY A CHEAP POWER SUPPLY ,
if a power supply goes it could take all the parts with it and no one wants that, i wouldnt recomend using your old power supply unless its the same spec as the newer one,best bet is to get one with a big fan on the bottom a 400 or 450 watt should do you.

alrite thanks. so anything with that amount of watt. Is there like amount of pins or anythin like that? if not. How much can a decent one cost? I will be playin a l ot of games now that i purchased at geforce 7600gt

its probably gonna be a 24 pin psu, but theres convertors and stuff, try ocz powerstream 450 watt, look it up , that would suit you fine

hi not sure what the requirements are for the 7600gt but make sure the psu has the right 12v ratings for the card, otherwise u will have stability issues etc.

thanks for the info, but i do NOT know what that means, i dont know anything bout power supplies, if you could show and suggest me with a product that would be really nice.

Thanks

Well I could buy it online like Newegg, bestbuy, circuit city...max i would wanna pay is lik 40 tops?!?! I dont know how much the range is so yeh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom