Need help (badly) with how to use system restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

dario03

Fully Optimized
I have computer I'm trying to fix. Pretty much nothing works because nothing has a association. I put the hard drive in another computer so I could access files. From there I was able to open system restore but it defaults to the first hard drive.

Is there anyway I can make the system restore work on the second hard drive?

If the question is confusing please say so, I'll try and word it another way because I really really need help. This computer is driving me crazy.

I have windows installed on the other hard drive though. Does the system restore only work on the primary hard drive?

Well, what was the original problem with the hdd? Porhaps we can present an alternative that will fix this problem without using system restore.

The problem is that absoulutly nothing works except IE. Whenever I try to open anything withany method it says there is no association and won't open. I have tried almost eveything and nothing fixes it.

for that instance I do not suggest using system restore, that will put a HUGE bandaid on your system. You would be better off to reinstall or repaire. Unless all you want to do is get to a point where you can backup your files before reformating, because then you could reformate your drive. Either way, system restore probibly isn't going to work. You can try it by going to start, then run and type in "MSConfig" and click on the button that says system restore.

Tried that it won't work. When I say nothing works I mean I can't even use the run commands or if I boot into safe mode command prompt that won't even work. I even did a repair install and that didn't even fix it.

Back up all your files, to another drive or a patition on the drive, that you need/want. And reformat, reinstall OS, and put all the files on on the drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom