Multiple OS's on Multiple HDD's !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yobrojas

Baseband Member
Hi,

I have just decided that its time to upgrade my pc, so I put my old pc in storage and bought the bits to build a new one. I have got a Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 + motherboard, 2Gb RAM, GeForce 7990 GTX and 3x250Gb SATA HDDs plus the rest. But what I am planning on doing is have Windows XP(or Vista) on 1st HDD, freeBSD on the 2nd HDD, and Linux(prob Fedora Core 5, but not sure yet) on the 3rd HDD. What is the best way of doing this? Would I have to install all the OS's on the SATA HDD's then use an old IDE HDD and put a boot loader on it? I am really confused over this as I have only ever install 2 OS's at once, and this was in a Dual-Boot on 1 partitioned HDD.

Hope that somebody could maybe shed some light on this matter for me.

Thanks

Same thing as macdude pointed out in the Linux section. Partition your hard drives and install on those partition in the order of Windows, FreeBSD, Linux. Because BSD and Linux name your hard drive differently, I know sdx in Linux is usually SATA and SCSI, and hdx is IDE, if you don't understand that just take note of the size, it should give you a hint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom