Core 2 Quad QX6700 Performance Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
bonehelm said:
they jsut keep making stuff people wont ever buy..quad cores and quad sli...wtf
oh, people are definately going to buy it

BennyV04988 said:
not to hijack this thread...but i think its relevant. AMD is talking 65nm soon. Will they run on the AM2 with the current chipsets and all that? Will the clockspeeds be more efficient like we saw with the C2D?
AM3 CPU's will run in socket AM2.
and they've already made 65nm quad core wafers. not to mention, they are innovating like there's no tomorrow. I've made a few posts somewhere with a list of what K8L should have.
http://techist.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=972830#post972830

OpticalIllusion said:
I'm still using only 1 core. Rock on.
same. I'm running on my Sempron 2800+ right now.

umm, no for two reasons
1) NASA isn't a private organisation
2) people generally don't have billions of dollars in their pockets

I assume you're trying to make some kind of analogy with the quad Cores?
well, there's a bit of a huge difference.....

I shouldn't even have to rephrase that, wow.

But I'll do it anyway, "PERHAPS THEY ARE DOING IT FOR REASONS OTHER THAN MONEY - ITS CALLED INNOVATION"

You stuck your post in right before I got mine in, then before I saw that, you responded to my post.

The General said:
I shouldn't even have to rephrase that, wow.

But I'll do it anyway, "PERHAPS THEY ARE DOING IT FOR REASONS OTHER THAN MONEY - ITS CALLED INNOVATION"

You stuck your post in right before I got mine in, then before I saw that, you responded to my post.
or maybe it's just competition

The article made it sound like software developers would have to come out with new versions of their programs for quad core (to take full advantage of the extra cores).... uhhhh.... that kinda sucks. I mean, if you have to buy all new software every time someone comes out with more cores (which will probably be like every two weeks at the rate things are going now)... that could get expensive... fast.

Can't developers write software that takes advantage of as many cores as you have... automatically? You know, so if you have two cores it gets threaded to two and if you have 15,000 cores it automatically gets split between all 15,000? That seems kinda like a logical step (I have no idea how hard it would be to do logistically since I don't know the first thing about programing).

with makin the program use the multiple cores you have to watch out it doesnt jump from core to core as ive seem in a game or 2 when i havent set the game to 1 core. thus making it harder i think for them to do. besides there isnt much out that supports dual cores really so what they make next makes sense to support multiple cores not limited to the two.

i'm just gonna get the e6600 and not upgrade for a while. i cant really afford a 1000$ proccessor. and to those who can afford it i hate ur guts =(. i already think the e6600 is expensive. jeez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom