Boot Up Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just edited above your post...it has those specs and has the exact same problem.

hmmm... this is very weird. Well, the next thing I would try, since you've done the MBD swap, is a more powerful power supply. maybe a 450. Just get one for now for first system and see if it makes a difference. Since both are having the same problem than I would HOPE maybe it was just inadequate power. See what happens from there.

Just realized, do you have 2 seperate mem slots filled? If so, try to boot with just the first slot, so remove one mem module. So now should have just one mem in the first slot and nothing in the others. Then if that doesn't work, swap with the other and try again. Remember, just ONE DIMM in the first slot and then swap with the other DIMM.

Ok... on this one i tryed "testing the ram" and nothing responded differently. Maybe computers hate me. I have 2 64's and 2 128's. All SDRAM.

heh, starting to think your right ;) Well, may want to try a different more powerful power supply then.

Well, I'm prolley just gonna have to take them to the shop. I can't deal working with them anymore. I've been trying to get these things to work for a week now with no results. I don't see why the Athlon would need a bigger PSU since it was working beforehand (I even switched the PSU, it was working with to it and no response). As for the P4, the PSU could be too weak...I'll check it out. (It has a P4 Certified sticker on it =P) Well thanks for all of the help.

lol, well the reason for the bigger PSU is it looks like you took some of the better stuff and combined them into one system. Plus the COULD be going bad. One last thing to try, though. Would be better if you could find the jumper, but try removing the CMOS battery for about hour and then pop it back in. From that point, I'd take it in.

I'm guessing that CMOS battery is the big round battery looking thing. Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom