How do i set HD to Slave??!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keadonen

In Runtime
This is important... my other computer has a virus and nothing seems to work, it needs to be re formatted but we dont want to lose pictures and music, so were putting it on my computer, I cant seem to get the Famliy computers HD to cooperate and in my BIOS I cant see a way to set it to slave. When it shows all the harddrives and drivers it says the family HD is "master" and i have no clue how to set it to slave.

I need help fast as my family will get frustrated + my brother will beat me (as he punched me in the face yesterday)

TY !!!! PLZ HELP FAST!!! :)

(no joke tho, he will beat me)

THere is 4 pins and no jumpers caps on the side.... this is my hd model #: ST3160023AS

EDIT: Do i need to do this while my compuer is on or while it is plugged into computer?

I guess you could use aligator clips or something temporarily, but they would have to be really tiny. And do it with the PC turned off. Don't forget to check the jumpers on the other HD, they should be set to MASTER. It may be CS now or master, but for what you want it should be MASTER.

Keadonen said:
This is important... my other computer has a virus and nothing seems to work, it needs to be re formatted but we dont want to lose pictures and music, so were putting it on my computer, I cant seem to get the Famliy computers HD to cooperate and in my BIOS I cant see a way to set it to slave. When it shows all the harddrives and drivers it says the family HD is "master" and i have no clue how to set it to slave.

I need help fast as my family will get frustrated + my brother will beat me (as he punched me in the face yesterday)

TY !!!! PLZ HELP FAST!!! :)

(no joke tho, he will beat me)

The instructions sometimes can make one even more confused.

Don't worry! Just try every possible setting.

I remembered I had to reset the jumper twice before the brand-new HDD could be correctly detected by my Windows XP.

But what you have to pay attention to is that you must make sure your hands get no electric charge before you open your PC case to fix the things inside it!.

Keadonen said:
THere is 4 pins and no jumpers caps on the side.... this is my hd model #: ST3160023AS

EDIT: Do i need to do this while my compuer is on or while it is plugged into computer?

Isn't that a SATA model? It doesn't need a jumper unless it's a SATA 3.0 and you're installing it on a 150 motherboard.

I figured it out :|... i unno how it worked but i guess i made the other HD useless to my computer (it still runs on the computer it needs to) and yeah, i just made it start windows normally. so i have no clue what i did but it worked :) THANK YOU ALL ANYWAYS!!!!!!!!! :) :):):):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom