Cant use internet when running bitcommet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flame

Baseband Member
When i run bitcommet my internet just seems to go off... i cant use firefox or msn for example but bitcommet is still running and downloading. when i exit bitcommet my internet is fine...what i want to know is why can i not use both at the same time? Ive unblocked ports and blocked them it does not seem to make a difference. Im useing a router if it makes a difference.

Thanks a bunch.

What do you mean you can't use it?
Is it slow or is it giving you errors. If errors then name them, be specific.

The internet will be slow depending on your connection, how many downloads you have and what bandwidth they are taking up.

Pages always load slower when I am torrenting, but they still load, eventually..

I mean it completly does not work, the page can not be displayed error... i can not login in to my computer from elsewere when running bitcommet either... like using LogMeIn for remote assistance. As soon as i exit bitcommet my internet comes back and IE works.

Thanks

Thats interesting.
Can you ping other websites through cmd?
What router are you using and what ports have you blocked/opened.

Try it with defualt router settings.
Do you have DMZ enabled or Port triggering?

Nah i cant ping a website through cmd when using bitcommet it always says timeout...

im useing a Belkin modem with wireless G router, 802.11g

I will try default settings soon, cant right now sorry

DMZ is disabled, im useing port triggering. port 10018 is unblocked in both TCP and UDP

blocking these ports again does not work however...

Thanks.

Well I can tell you for sure the Torrenting Wirelessly isn't the Best of ideas. Downloads of that short need a continious Connection. And wireless can be inturupted. Therefore it may be related to that. I have no experience with wireless or that Router. Try doing it wired and see if it works.

sorry should have sead lol it is wired im the host computer, 2 other computers connected on the network now, i say now because untill today secuirity wasnt enabled on my router and i had about 12 computers connected to my network from somwere were i have no idea.

The other computers on my network can not get the internet when the host computer is running bitcommet, im stumped

Thanks

So wait... You have a wireless router, the computer ur using is wired and the others are Wireless?
Thats very Interesting, and Stumping. Prehaps someone else could help you: of which have that router or have experience with it.

My only suggestions would be.
Try directly connecting to modem.
Try one computer on the Router at a time.
Disable Port Forwarding and try to torrent and browse the Web at same time.
Try DMZ for your computer only.
try Bit Comet on the other networked computers.

If none of those work, then Im out of suggestions.

Well, when I'm downloading with Azureus, the internet is very unresponsive. I usually get the "Page could not be displayed" error when I try to access a website. Forces me to click refresh 5-10 times. That's why I only download during the night.

What's the model of your Belkin modem and router, you'll want to look for a firmware update if your router is out of date.

And Secondly, as Ste said, try it directly connected to the modem. I'm leading more towards a router problem. I've seen it happen before.

Just hope your ISP isn't involve also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom