Folding @ Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
the graphical version seems to cut out some games. Is there a way to set it so that it only runs when you choose to run it. (like so it doesn't start on start up and I forget). Basically, I can't play jtf even if its in the background and not doing anything at all. I have to kill the process to play my game.

Hey guys, I just joined in on TF yesterday, and hope to get alot of WUs done. I have a few questions though:

Is it alright to have it running while I'm running only firefox to browse?
When I close it, do I just close it or do I have to save the work?

I only close/quit Folding when I game. Otherwise, you really don't notice it because it sets itself at lowest priority.

I see they now have a client for your GPU. Does anyone know how to run this along side F@H for your cpu. Or should you only let one client run at once?

-Thanks

(almost top 10!)

So that's what all that ranking stuff in your sig's were about.. I thought it was like BF2... lol..

I would do it, but I can't really spare any performance on this computer.

I would do it, but I can't really spare any performance on this computer.

You on your rig 24/7? Just run Folding when you ain't using it.

I see that when folding it always says 100% CPU usage. Wouldn't that decrease the life of the cpu if it 100% for long periods of time? And also what determines how many points you get when you finish a WU?

EDIT: Another question....can I run folding@home on two computer at once?

Wouldn't that decrease the life of the cpu if it 100% for long periods of time?

Not really.

And also what determines how many points you get when you finish a WU?

I use a desktop widget from Yahoo's Widget Engine that shows the progress of my current WU. It also shows how many points the WU is worth. Most of them seem to run at 153 points.

can I run folding@home on two computer at once?

You sure can. Just make sure to use the same team number and user. I run Folding on my current rig, and part-time on my wife's (my old rig).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom