Boot Up Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
P4 2.8GHz
Maxtor 80 GB HD
768 DDR 333MHz
32 MB Video Card (Generic)
Microtek 710S LCD

That's all that's hooked up and the monitor light is just orange (which for my monitor means no signal.

I also have Win. XP Professional...even though that shouldn't affect anything.

hmm... so you've NEVER had any video... even with the mem, processor and vid card ONLY. How about removing the processor then memory... what happens. So far I'm thinking the vid card is shot. This is happening on both machines, correct? Damn.. this is a weird one. Anyhow, you've got it set to cs, right? What I'm trying to do is get you some sort of video, ANY at all. Try to get you into the bios. Have you checked the MBD jumpers? Check the voltage settings, clear NVRam, etc... You'll have to check you're documentation for these, though. Usually for NVRam clear, its a jumper labled either Restore or Clear... something like that. Set it to that (turn it off, of course), reboot, it'll say something on the screeen *I HOPE!!!), then turn off again and replace to Normal or Default pin settings. Anyhow, so you got no screen with the HDD removed, correct??? Just a beep code?

And yes...just a beep with no HDD. Plus...I can't find this Restore/Clear Jumper...I don't see anything in the documentation either.
I also set the power wattage from 220 to 115 and the HDD seems to have activity...you can hear the HDD motor...as when on 220 it did nothing. Still no picture though. :(

Well, that depends... counting at the point where there are 2 pins, and not just the one it is the 2 column of pins. should be the pins to the RIGHT of the master. So for example, you have the master on pins 1 and 2.... then cable select is pins 3 and 4... x is no pin, so there is only one pin set in that column. So just compare to your HDD.. and put it on pins 3 and 4.

0 1 3 5 7
2 4 6 8

or this style

1 3 5 x 7
2 4 6 0 8

Sorry...didn't see that second page. Ok... I hooked it up and nothing responds any differently...the HD LED is constantly on however. I cannot find the Restore/ Clear Jumper you were talking about. It's not in the documentation. The Mobo is a ECS L4VXA2. Hope this helps.

Well, kind find any specifics on it except it may be jumper labeled JP1. You'll have to look CLOSE at the MBD. Probably writen in white and etched. It will give the pin out for it. It will say something like 'clear' or 'reset' if none of these tell me what it DOES say. Then MAKE SURE to set it back to normal op. Oh, by the way have seen other forums with same problem. The norm on this is the MBD needs replacing, but try this and see if it works. Also states the the memory seating is VERY tight as well as the CMOS battery. So reseat those a few times, make absolutley sure. If this doesn't work I'd say the MBD is bad and MABYE the vid card.

Jumper 1 has no white etchings by it. Well...Ill try exchanging the MOBO again. Let's see if we can get the other one up then.

This one has an
AMD Athlon 1GHz
Seagate 30GB HDD
ATi Rage 128 MB Video Card
3/4 of 512 SDRAM

All the parts in this one were working before I switched cases.

another thing maybe its the power supply. have you tried using a calculator for it? look up online and it will tell you what you SHOULD have as far as power use. may not be enough juice for it. anyhow, what is going on with the other one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom