Airflow Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzN

Baseband Member
Constant Restarts and Heat Issues??

I just built this rig like the beginning of September so recently my PC has been restarting alot when I play games and I'm guessing its because of the heat, I checked my BIOS and it shows that my CPU is running at 60C, MOBO at 40C, both video cards at 80c and this is bad from what my friends is telling me so I was thinking about buying a different case to help with the airflow and maybe a Zalman CPU and GPU fan? for both my video cards but not sure how its gonna fit cause I'm currently running SLI. I'm looking for any suggestions or help or even recommend any kind of good airflow case and Zalman fan.

Yes prolly... 60C??? Have you overclocked it???

Water Cooling is pretty effective... This 1 is good
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811999633

It has water blocks for your Cpu,Gpu and Chipset so everything gets cooled...

Or this case has a good airflow... It has 3x 120mm and 1x 80mm fans included... It also looks Mad
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811133154

Or you could always get a good air cooling kit..

Heres a good Cpu cooler
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835128014

Heres a good Gpu Cooler
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118001

For even better cooling you could get the case and the fans... Or even better get Water Cooling... Its up to you :)

No I didnt overclock my pc. I have a question the case you recommend is ok but will it fit my mobo? and i'm kinda looking for a case that looks a pretty decent and that has alot of airflow going through it. Another thing I wanted to ask about the GPU cooler you linked if I buy 2 for my 2x vid cards will it even fit? seeing as how big it is i'm not even sure if it'll fit with my vid cards being side by side for SLI. I would get water cooling but I never installed it nor have any experience installing it so I didnt want to take the chance of messing it up and having a leakage. Price range i'm looking to spend is not an issue as long as it'll help my PC from not dieing early because of the heating issues.

AzN said:
No I didnt overclock my pc. I have a question the case you recommend is ok but will it fit my mobo? and i'm kinda looking for a case that looks a pretty decent and that has alot of airflow going through it. Another thing I wanted to ask about the GPU cooler you linked if I buy 2 for my 2x vid cards will it even fit? seeing as how big it is i'm not even sure if it'll fit with my vid cards being side by side for SLI. I would get water cooling but I never installed it nor have any experience installing it so I didnt want to take the chance of messing it up and having a leakage.

Yes that case will fit your board... Yes that Cpu cooler will fit... Im not sure about the Gpu cooler because you have it in SLi... Water cooling is very easy to install when you read the instructions... But heres a external water cooling kit that is very simple to install.. All you do is connect the hoses to the unit... Dw about leaks because it has a safety hose fitting.. Its a bit more expensive but..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118120

I have no idea why ur hardware is so hot.. Is it near a Amplifier or something that produces heat... Do you have exaust fans... Is it being restriced by something at the back of the case (Curtain ect)?

When it comes to air cooling you need to first look at the components that are attached to the heat sources. This is where the air cooling cycle starts.

CPU - Heat Sink
GPU - Heat Sink
RAM - Heat Sink
HDD's
PSU...

I would first verify that your CPU/HS have a correct application of thermal material, not a pad, use AS5. Also make sure that the HS is mounted properly. (There are a few resent threads abot this).

Then i'd check into your videocard and make sure the same is true for your GPU/HS.

RAM shouldn't be a big heat source unless you've overclocked.

HDD's ... they make passive cooling kits for HDD's. Zalman has one of the best.

Make sure the PSU is able to effectively remove the heat from the rear of the PC. Make sure the PC isn't jammed right up against a wall or a desk.

Also. Take into account the ambient temp of the rooms your PC is in.
Air Cooling is only as effective as the cooler air with-in the area that the PC is in. For a better idea of what i'm taking about, search for the term "Heat Dissipation" on wikipedia.com

Finally, if all else fails... then its time to look into the case and case fans. Personally I like something with a Intake in the front and an exhaust in the rear. 120mm fans seem to be best.

Yes that case will fit your board... Yes that Cpu cooler will fit... Im not sure about the Gpu cooler because you have it in SLi... Water cooling is very easy to install when you read the instructions... But heres a external water cooling kit that is very simple to install.. All you do is connect the hoses to the unit... Dw about leaks because it has a safety hose fitting.. Its a bit more expensive but..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N82E16835118120

I have no idea why ur hardware is so hot.. Is it near a Amplifier or something that produces heat... Do you have exaust fans... Is it being restriced by something at the back of the case (Curtain ect)?

Its right in the middle of my Desk and my room is pretty cold i'm not sure why its so hot been trying to figure that out for 2 weeks. As you can see the case I have doesnt give much air flow and it only have 2 fan 90mm intake fan and a 120mm in the back which isnt doing any good because of the chasis in the front of the case is pretty much blocking the air thats suppose to intake, and yes i'm using AS5 and its applied correctly for both my GPU and CPU and both using stock fans.

Front fan blowing air in (which isnt doing any good because its blocked due to how the case is built) and the 120mm fan in the back is blowing air out. When its blowing air out its slow and that doesnt help much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom