Wtf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drizo said:
Sorry about your problems nos, have you tried testing the system outside the case? It could be a grounding issue. I'd suggest getting a different motherboard, perhaps the DFI infinity 975x from a microcenter or frys, and another e6600 if you think yours is DOA. That way if you run into the same problem, you can just return it, instead of mailing it back.

ya, i'm about to try that right now, i just needed a bathroom break before i did anything.. lol

well.. i don't get a post at all.. the system does not turn on.. it comes on for a bit (no post or display though) then shuts down

i have everything hooked up now... not in case though, and still.. no post.. no nothing... same shutting on and off

and this usb led light problem solver is useless.... its only showing 1 light... for a second.. then goes away.. but in the book.. it shows that its always red and green lights.. but i only have 1 green light..

Man that bites, do you know if your ram is Rev.2? Or if there was a BIOS update to make the board compatible with conroe like the asus boards? Also try clearing the CMOS

ya, i've already cleared cmos, its a click of a button.. and on the box it clearly says core 2 ready... as for rev.2 ram.. i don't really know, but with the ram out it still has the same exact problem

well i've been checking out the problems on the msi forums... and it looks like it may be ram.. looks like i need to find something that does 1.7 stock or something like that.. i just registered to their site.. so imma put up something there

UA_Iron said:
I bet you its that OCZ ram

that stuff is having a lot of compatibility issues apparently.

i think you may be right, after doing some reading.. alot of people are having my same problem because the motherboard doesnt set ram voltage correctly.... so.. i may have to pick up a crap stick of ram for the meantime... lol... i'll see if i can do that.. hopefully soon :confused:

i guess its time to overprice my sales on ebay so they don't sell.... lol

well anyway, thanks for the help everyone..

i'm just returning the 975x, hard drive and case for now.. and i'm going to buy a ds3.. it appears ocz ddr2 800 ram is not friendly with it... so ds3 it is.. i'll pick up an sli/cf mobo when they get cheaper.. the only cheap one was the asus with 300mhz cap on oc'ing.. and thats a no no...

anyway, i guess i may be up and running in a week or two.. i can live! lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom