hmm why am i bothering with my fx 60

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do realize that there is an edit button so that you don't have to double and triple post, don't you?

yeah idk...sure you could opt for a E6600 now but isn't your fx-60 plenty fast for what you'd be using it now? I mean you do what you want w/ ur money and i'm sure that you know more about computers than me considering your computer probably costs about double what mine did...

anyways what i'm saying is that i don't see how it's beneficial to get rid of a Fx-60 now instead of later on down the road. I'm just saying that processors are ahead of GPU's and ram right now but i guess that's about all you CAN upgrade at this point too.

jordo_99 said:
yeah idk...sure you could opt for a E6600 now but isn't your fx-60 plenty fast for what you'd be using it now? I mean you do what you want w/ ur money and i'm sure that you know more about computers than me considering your computer probably costs about double what mine did...

anyways what i'm saying is that i don't see how it's beneficial to get rid of a Fx-60 now instead of later on down the road. I'm just saying that processors are ahead of GPU's and ram right now but i guess that's about all you CAN upgrade at this point too.

Are you kidding? GPU's have FAR more processing power and technology than CPU's do.

Are you kidding? GPU's have FAR more processing power and technology than CPU's do.

not exactly. they're different technologies with different applications. GPUs are good for rendering videos (obviously :p), parallel calculations (things like the F@H algorithm) and physics. CPUs are targeted for thread parallelism and GPUs for process parallelism in otherwords CPUs can run many things simultaneously and GPUs can run the same task in seperate parallel pieces simultaneously

Hmm, well someone told me that GPU's were so much more advanced than CPU's - and the way they put it, it made sense.

But anyway, back on topic. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom