Core 2 Quad QX6700 Performance Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, i'll admit that this is pretty sexy technology. But, i'm more interested in a Quad core CPU for "Multitasking" rather then just single application performance.

I spend most of my time on my gaming PC. Normally, I've got Ventrilo running, may-be a mp3 player, Hamachi for lans, fraps, the actually game i'm playing, may-be x-fire, not to mention all of the stupid things running in the background. Then of course there's windows....

I'm also looking forward to the days of 4GIG + of ram on a windows based PC. Something "mac" users can already do.

I just want more cores so i can do more all at the same time, without performance hits to anyone application I'm focusing on.

not to hijack this thread...but i think its relevant. AMD is talking 65nm soon. Will they run on the AM2 with the current chipsets and all that? Will the clockspeeds be more efficient like we saw with the C2D?

65nm is mostly used to lower power usage and heat.

I would love a quad core. Especially if they ever figure out multiplexing (I think thats what intel called it).

alexsabree said:
65nm would = overclocking pwnage and higher ghz...

65nm doesn't really make it a better overclocker as it means it has a lower tolerance for heat and voltage. it doesn't really do much other than making chips cheaper to make..

They do run cooler but when you run more voltages thru them they will obviously get hot.

They dont have the surface area 95 nm has basically.

2000TH POST!!! :D

:confused:
so is 65nm like how large the surface area of the cpu is?

What does it measure exactly?

(edit) wow 2000 posts.. congratulations, i cant wait to get to 1000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom