speeding up dell ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vampire_Slayer

In Runtime
I was thinking of getting a Dell E521 (yeah i know, its a dell, but its a pretty good deal, im guessing because they are just now using AMD and are giving it price cuts because it isnt as popular to most people as Intel cpus). Anyways, I was looking at it and I can only get 533 Dell value ram. I did a bit of research and with 667 compared to 800, there isnt too big of a difference most of the time but with 533 and 667 the difference starts to show more. So I was wondering if I could speed up this 533 value ram to speeds of 667, would it be possible since its value ram and I think dell bios are different then that of most motherboards?

Well then what would be a good computer for a budget of around $500? I don't WANT to get a Dell but my budget says otherwise....The Dell I was looking at has an x2 3800, 160g hdd, dvd-rw, and 1g of memory although its only 533...I want my computer pre-built so that if one part is faulty I can return the whole thing and have then send me a new one or something. I'm not going to build my computer this time around...

dell = bad u are not going to able to adjust much at all with the bios on a dell and the last i knew u can only upgrade dell computers with dell parts,i really think u should reconsider building a computer,if not hp are decent comps and u can slowly rebuild it with new components just research ur buy first find out what mobo is in the comp ur lookin to buy and get teh specs so u know the max amount of ram it can handle the best proc it can handle and what kind of onboard video how many expansion slots and what kind. all these things are what can turn a budget comp into something u can really enjoy.

no, nowdays you can upgrade it with non-dell parts. as for building a computer...last timei did, it was an awsome computer, I had a bunch of troubles on it that i couldnt figure out, nor could anyone I asked or even anyone in the forums that read the posts I made. Pretty much I didn't get to use it much at all, I mean at all. The board may have been faulty, or damaged somehow while inside my case, or some other random thing. All in all, the thought of building computers or working on the computer I built just stresses me out. I was going to go Monarch but I can't afford them....I did find this for hp though: http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=339560&Pn=Pavilion_a1520n_Minitower

This computer is genrally the same as the Dell I was looking at but it has lightscribe on the dvd-rw(lightscribe is kind of cool i guess, but I don't see myself using it much if at all), and 250g hdd instead of 160g(not a big deal as 160g is plenty of room for me already) and it uses ddr400(better then ddr2 533) which means its 939(I don't care about the socket, the biggest diff is that am2 has ddr2). But it is $140 more.....I will still consider it, but $140 is quite a huge chunk of money in my book.

As for the specs, the Dell looks like it has some good ones: pci-e, enough pci slots, nforce 430 chipset, dont care about the onboard video but its pretty good for onboard still, can handle up to 4g...

lol.....the research into buying a budget computer is long and tedious road, most benchmarks and reviews are on top of the line stuff and towards single parts vs. manufactured computers.

yeah that cause everyone wants ur money. if u want i could list parts for u and keep it under 500 or real close for a good comp.but if u are determined to buy a premade the tedious research will pay off. getting the most for ur money will make u happy and leave u regret free.whatever ur decision good luck.but talk to anyone they will tell u to build.

what are you going to use the computer for?

BTW you could probably save money by getting the cheapest dell ram set and then just buying 667 ram online somewhere else. That's what i did with my laptop (Inspiron 9200)

Well, it will do some gaming(Halo, World of Warcraft, MAYBE BF2 *I don't care about high settings, will do on medium*), instant messaging, music/video playing, maybe make some AMVs, prob some photoshop. I was thinking that too, like in the future when I have some extra cash to spend I was thinking about upgrading to 2g ddr 667.

Both video card options it gives you are horrible, those are one of the worst cards you buy today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom