Core2Duo E6600 seems ok after getting to 83 degrees!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max2559

Baseband Member
Just a post to let you know that i left my comp today for about 3 hours and when i got back i noticed speed fan reporting temps of 83-84 degrees C on my E6600! (Usually 20-23! idle)

Thought "this can't be right!"
Looked in Easy tune 5 and found that it was true!

POWER CABLE PULLED straight away!

I rebooted bios 2 min later and checked in bios... temps were at 50... obviously having cooled... but not totally, and giving further evidence that temps were really were that high before.

I noticed the comp was quiet... and that there was no noise that the stock heatsink makes on start-up where it spins for a short time at max speed. (its a loud little ****)

So... power OFF again.

it seems after a few simple checks the stock heatsink had just totally stopped!

Ive checked it out... its just flat out broken!

I really dont care... as the CPU is still working.,.. and at 200 pounds that the main thing!

So... conroe e6600 is a total hero for going 20degrees beyond the factory heat spec limit!

Just thought peeps would\ like to know how strong this thing really is!

Max

the funny thing is their based on the pentium 3s, dude, you might wanna run a cpu tester overnight to make sure its working right, if the fan just stopped its fauly and should be covered under warrenty,

Well yeah, but If it was idiling at 80 degrees C for 3 hours Im sure it could go 1 more minute to boot off right? :p

True, and maybe even just holding the power button for 5 seconds would have been less tramatic than pulling the plug.

screw software....kill the power. 83C is @$%'d. I bet it OCs like a champ now though lol.

ha ha less dramatic, i would of liked to see a half melted oozing mess of a 6600! that would be a sight........ lmfao

*Applause* for your E6600.. Ordered my E6300 already, hope it's as sturdy as your CPU. I'm not taking it anywhere near 80°C, of course!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom