Internal modem with AMD 64 CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anubis25

Solid State Member
hi

not sure if anyone can help me out here, but i have an AMD 64x2 cpu 4200 and when i try and use my internal modem, a creatix HAM v92 56k etc, it disconnects at random intervals, this doesnt happen on my USB modem, which is slower. soo i was wondering if this is to do with the CPU being 64bit? as i think the modem i have is a software one, has anyone else had this problem? is there a 100% compatible internal modem for AMD 64? ive recently changed motherboards and im still getting the same error.

Thanks

no it wouldnt be due to 64 bit cappabilities of your processor, ,maybe the modem is damaged or getting interference

thanx for the reply... funny thuing was in the last mobo i had, an asrock, it had so much trouble installing the modem etc. the new one, an MSI installs instantly. i also have another modem, or did its now in another pc, ill have to try that one tomorrow, and see if that works, it didnt in the old motherboard. so will see if it does in the new one, im just so confused as to whats causing this!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom