OCZ PSU problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

boomstick666

Daemon Poster
i have OCZ powerstream 600W PSU w/ DFI LanParty SLI-DR. my comp was working perfectly till yesterday. when i went home and tried to power up my PC...but it won't..the power button do nothing...i opened up and tried the MOBO power switch but no respose. there was usually a little LED on the mobo (side of the RAM) usually lit up but its not. i reseted the PSU' power and the LED lights up for a 2 sec and slowly dimed down. so i thought the PSU is dying. it's less than a year old and OCZ is supposed to be good company. but the weird thing is, there is a voltage selecter on the back of PSU that you can taggle bet. 110V and 220V. when i rapidly taggle that switch while im pressing the power switch (on PC), it starts up. and PC functions perfectly. so PSU is not quite dead yet. but i have to taggle that voltage selecter rapidly everytime i want to turn on my PC...i dont think thats a good sign... have any of you guys had this kind of problem? any input will be appriciated. thx.

never heard of that. Really doesnt sound like a good idea to me though :confused:

Does the psu power up ok if you short the green and black wires with a paper clip? (whilst completely disconnected from your comp of course)

MrCoffee said:
never heard of that. Really doesnt sound like a good idea to me though :confused:

Does the psu power up ok if you short the green and black wires with a paper clip? (whilst completely disconnected from your comp of course)
not sure...ill try that when i go home. it looks like the PSU problem but it could be the mobo, you know...

dcc said:
Time for a new PSU.
its less than a year old and when it turns on, works perfectly. its just the fact it wont turn on normally. thats y it might be the mobo but not sure....

OK now my comp won't even start up at all..... i've asked OCZ tech support about it also. they told me to connect the green and black wire w/ paper clip and ....nothing. nothing at all happens.. so my PSU is officially dead...i guess. but i really thought OCZ powerstream is a good PSU. and it's only been 10 months of use. what a disappointing for a expensive PSU... or i just got unlucky... either way, this sucks. i really hope other components are ok...

dude, it shoud be covered under warrenty, you should be able to get it replaced for free

IrishNinjaX said:
dude, it shoud be covered under warrenty, you should be able to get it replaced for free
woohoo. they said they can send me GameXtreme 700W instead of powerstream 600W. I'm kinda glad it blew up so i can get the better one for free.... anyway, good company has good customer support. I guess 600W wasn't enough to drive 5x120mm fans, 2x 60mm fans, TV tuner card, 7800GTX512, +CPU...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom