Is this a scam

Status
Not open for further replies.

neweyedeya18

In Runtime
hey i know this barely has to do with computer upgrading hardware stuf (but im using the money i make to buy a new processor)
anyways i was selling an item in ebay (xbox) and i got an email from a jane seaword she was willing to pay 180$ for the package and use her own fedex acct to ship it out. anyways she sent me this postal money order online (i have never used it before ) but it looks kinda sketcy here are some pics of it.

my question is what do u think about the transaction and do you think its legit???

mods if you are giong to delete this due to its not hardware nature could you simply relocate it in a appropriate place? thanks

so definately a no go.... sorry about the smiley face it was meant to go next to the processor upgrade icon

Until the money is in hand (not in an account), doubt it. Surely this person can go out and get a postal money order, address an envelope, buy a stamp, and send it.

Don't you think it's kinda silly that a money order confirmation that is (supposedly) from USPS came from an "@yahoo.com" email? High chance of it being a scam.

thanks fellas first time ebay seller so i was kinda nervous and not sure how the payment thing was handled (i use paypal for all my stuff) so when they said postal m/o i was like "alright fine" ill get it in the mail and it will be alright. THEN when they are like but its urgent so send the stuff as soon as possible you will get it in the mail im like wtf. im glad i took a second to think about it. I admit i became a little excited when i had a "buyer" hours after i posted the item which is why i jumped to conclusions. Either way paypal from now on in, and thanks for the help i had a real crazy day... Crazy but it could have been horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom