Complete My Gaming Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

norcal313

Baseband Member
You guys have been very helpful and I'm on my final stage of buying my computer. I need your help to suggest the parts for the missing pieces of my build.

Here's what I have so far:

CPU: C2D e6600
RAM: 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
GPU: eVGA 7950GT 512MB PCI Express x16
PSU: OCZ GameXStream 700W SLI ready

The case and monitor are not important, I have a monitor in mind and a case will most likely be the last item I decide on. (If you still have suggestions you're more than welcome to reply with them)

My main issues are:

What mobo?
What HD(s)?

Someone suggested an ASUS P5B Deluxe mobo, it's about $225 but I wanted some other ideas from you all, and I need it to be compatible since I am not too savy on knowing exactly what works with what.

For the HDs, I was thinking of getting a raptor and a second for storage, I really just need some insight as to which would be good for my gaming rig.

I want to spend between $500-700 on these last two sections of my machine.

Thanks in advance!

So get two of those in RAID 0?

To be honest, I've never had more than one HD in any of my computers, so I don't know how they work together (if I were to get 2 drives that were not RAID)

they would be two seperate drives thats it one would boot windows and the other one would just be there for storage/and the swap file i have 4 hds in my comp.

BennyV04988 said:
eVGA 7900 GTO on the gpu. It's better and cheaper than the 7950GT.

What? I'll give you the "it's cheaper" part, but it's certainly not better.

If you're a gamer, and you've got some money to spend, focus a nice chunk of that money into your videocard.... Serious gamers should never go for budget on their videocards.... If anyone would like to argue that, then go ahead... but your not a gamer....

So I shouldn't go with the 7950GT?

The 7900GTO is about $25 cheaper than the 7950GT I was going to buy so the money isn't that big of a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom