Going to Order Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrscientific13

In Runtime
I've been waiting all summer, and I finally have enough money to order the parts for my first PC build, and I'm going to order soon. Here is a list of the parts and operationg system I've compiled (incluedes everything). I already have the case and a DVD Drive. Feel free to critique or suggest part changes.

Motherboard:
GIGABYTE GA-965P-S3 Socket T (LGA 775) Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard

Processor:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400

RAM:
G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory (When it Becomes Available)

Hard Drive:
Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD3200KS 320GB 7200 RPM

Video Card:
eVGA 512-P2-N573-AR Geforce 7900GTO 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card

120mm Case Fans:
AeroCool AeroFlow-BB 120mm 2 Ball Blue LED Light Case Cooling Fan

80mm Case Fans:
AeroCool Aerolite BB 80mm Blue LED Light Case Cooling Fan

Power Supply:
OCZ GameXStream OCZ600GXSSLI ATX12V 600W Power Supply

Monitor:
Acer AL1916Fbd Black 19" 2ms (GTG) LCD Monitor

Mouse:
Logitech G7 Laser Cordless Mouse

Keyboard:
Saitek Eclipse Keyboard

Operating System:
Microsoft Windows XP Home With SP2B 1 Pack

That's an excellent setup you got there...especially the e6400 and 7900GTO...I hear alot of good things from that gfx card. Have fun with it.

yes get that gto if your planning on oc'ing it, many have gotten the ram from 1320 to like 1800, the speed of the gtx

really nice setup, looks like you know more than me, lol(its the g.skill that sold me

only thing i would get is a modual but thats onyl cause i have a resevior in my drive bay and its really hard for wires to fit.

you'll have to buy xp pro with a core 2 duo, home will work but only see's it as single processor. apart from that its good.

wycherley said:
you'll have to buy xp pro with a core 2 duo, home will work but only see's it as single processor. apart from that its good.

No, you've got it wrong. XP pro supports DUAL PROCESSORS. XP home does not. XP home does support dual core processors.

And Saint71, what motherboard would you suggest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom