well, this isnt good

Status
Not open for further replies.

COD2_fanatic

Daemon Poster
Ok, I just received some IDE to SATA hard drive converters that i posted on a while back. I was happy today as i'd been waiting for 2 weeks to get them, so i went on ahead and hooked them up earlier today. By doing this i didnt realize that they would (some how) dump my freakin drive (both of them!).

I proceeded to turn on the computer checked the BIOS....nothing, so i proceede to boot......nothing, so i got ahold of my Linux disc and done a live boot, checked the hard drives, well, they werent even there. Reconnected my main drive back to IDE, booted, installed drivers for SATA (as i thought that was the problem), restarted, hooked the converter back up......nothing.

Well, at the point i was getting p*ssed, so i hooked everything back up, even tried my old P4, nothing worked now. After reinstalling Linux 3 times with nothing but errors, i finally found my XP disc and its working fine now (without the converters of course) but, now my problem is that i lost EVERYTHING on my Storage drive (which was my back-up for those of you who are going to mention backup). I can do nothing about this (but i did manage to recover a few files, albeit not important ones) and have decided to move on. Now trying to format the drive its reporting only 2GB's worth of space. That is completely wrong because the program i used to recover the files reports the drive at the original 127GB.

What could be wrong? I need to get this drive back up as soon as possible as i download alot of stuff, and my 80GB fills up quick.

untitled.jpg
[/IMG]

since all is lost on the drive any way have u tried to reformat it using ur administrative tools maybe u accidentally partitioned it. i know windows will partition ur hard drive to store backup files maybe from all the installs ur drive is messed up try to reformat.

there's nothing in administrative tools that i can find to do so, but i downloaded Partition Magic so i'll see what happens

Use a windows 98 boot floppy at the A: type fdisk and then slect option 4 to see what is on the drive. That will show all the partitions. Then select option 3 and delete all the partitions. Youll have to typt the lable name in to delete it but its usually blank.Then you can set a new active partition with option 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom